Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh, and by the way…

Eleven days between posts?? Man, I suck at this. It’s not that I haven’t had anything to say. I think I’m reluctant to post about stuff that isn’t funny or flippant. Like the teaming masses who flock to my blog several times a day will be upset with me if I’m not clever and cute all the time. Snort. I will work on getting over that.

Ok, I’ll start with this little slice of my headspace. (Thanks V for that exceptional phrase.)

WTF is up with this? So, yesterday, I came home during the day to get some things I needed to take to my office. And when I walked in the door my various faculties told me that things were not right in the dog/carpet arena. If you know what I mean. Poor thing, she got sick. It wasn’t her fault. But, I couldn’t take any chances, so I put her outside for the rest of the afternoon.

I’ve been really wanting for my dog to become an outside-during-the-day dog since we moved to this house with a fence. And now that the weather is nice, I thought that maybe this would be the perfect opportunity to make the transition. So this morning I put her out there again. I was nervous, because she has been a bit neurotic since the move, but she seemed o.k. When I got home, I saw two neighbors outside – and I know these guys are home during the day – so I asked them how she did. The report was that she whined and barked quite a bit, but they understood and wanted to know if there was anything they could do to help. Etc. One neighbor even thanked me for asking him.

Then I saw a note on my front door. It is an anonymous note mind you. (I should mention that I detest spinelessness. Detest it.) The note is all about how my dog barks ALL THE TIME and they have been nice about it for long enough. Um, helloooo….DRAMA QUEEN. The dog has been outside alone for a grand total of 9 hours. Three hours yesterday, six today. I am certain that she was annoying, but come on. All the time? You’ve been nice about it for long enough? Your nice meter runs out after a day and a half?

And by the way jackass, I know who you are. You are the only people around here who had to address the note “Dear Neighbors” because you are the only people around here who haven’t been friendly enough to so much as look at us, much less introduce yourselves and make nice. We get it. You’re pricks. Thanks for being so understanding. The other people on the block have offered to let the dog come over for play dates and take her for walks to help the situation. But you know, your arsenic in the kibble idea would do the trick too.

Just so you know, I will keep my dog inside because it’s the right thing to do. But it won’t help your bad Karma.

~clover

No comments: