Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It’s a dark day in Idaho.

Dark.

We elected some real azzhats. (not all of them, but quite a few.) Including Butthead Bill. And the only Democrat I didn’t vote for – a 26 year old deadbeat dad who ousted a longtime legislator. She was a good moderate Republican, and one of the few women in the Statehouse. We lost a couple good moderates in fact. Which means the likelihood that they will vote for a moderate to be the Speaker of the House is nil. So, hello crazyville.

And, even more horrifying…the amendment stating the marriage is only to be between a man and a woman passed. It makes me ill.

LEGISLATED BIGOTRY.

Sigh.

Normally I’m a cheerleader for Idaho. But today I feel like moving somewhere else. I feel like I can’t trust the people in my community to be good and kind and intelligent.

Blah.
~Clover

1 comment:

misanthropster said...

that's what you and I get for living in red states. Sigh.

Well, at least the dems got one of our senate seats. That's a good thing.

You can always run away to NYC with us. :)