Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I thought that laughing was supposed to be a cure for all ills. I know it burns a ton of calories. Right up there with sex. (Too bad laughing during sex is frowned upon.) Anyway, I’m a little bummed out right now, because I actually laughed myself right into a headache this evening. Although it was probably because I was in the middle of a very serious game of “Hide and Peek” and so I was trying to stifle the laughter. Which, in hindsight, was really stupid. Considering that the reason I was laughing was because my Hide and Peek partner, who I had neatly tucked into a laundry hamper, stood up the moment she heard her father coming and started screaming, “I’m right here, Mommy is behind the chair.”

Clearly she doesn’t get it. Which is too bad, because she’s so tiny she could probably hide for days in this house if she wanted to. She has Hide and Peek Champion written all over her. No, I’m serious. In blue Crayola marker. Thank God they make those things washable now. I guess I should be glad I don’t have to spend a half hour every morning searching through drawers and cupboards. And, even if she had kept quiet the dog standing directly in front of me barking may have been a giveaway.

M on the other hand is an expert Hide and Peeker. In fact, on one turn he actually showed up at the front door, and I still can’t figure out how he did it. Impressive.

Off to watch “Lost in Translation”. Hoping it makes up for the other night’s disappointing “I Heart Huckabees”.

We love Netflix.
~Clover

No comments: