Thursday, April 26, 2007

I’ve worked in Event Planning for a long time now, and as a result I guess I’ve become a girl who likes to work from a theme. Luau, Margarita Party, Roaring 20’s, Mardi Gras, you name it, I’ve got a centerpiece.

Lately, there seems to be a theme in my life that I’d like to move away from though. May I present: Vomit.



My personal focus on vomit has been sort of a lingering affair. We’re at 14 weeks now, and I think I can safely say that throwing up – or the intense avoidance of throwing up - has been ever present since about 5.5 weeks. Making that just over two months of feeling like hell. If you’re keeping track. And believe me, I am.

Sweet Pea and our dog Irie are both rather competitive in nature. Not wanting to be outdone by someone with more experience, they both chose 12 hour puke-o-rama’s that definitely rivaled my more drawn out approach in terms of volume and the nasty factor. The dog wins hands down though, just because of the fact that she’s all, “Receptacles be dammed! I chose the WHITE CARPET to showcase my abilities!!”

You have to wonder if Mr. Golightly is feeling a little left out of all this. Although I think if he decides to throw his hat in the ring we may be looking at something brief but spectacular, and involving a whole bunch of cheap tequila. I’ll block out May 6th, at about 3:00 AM and see if he’s interested.

After that, I vote for a Golightly Family Holiday, a “Day Without Vomit.”

Until then I’m sharing anti-nausea meds with the dog. For reals.

~Clover

No comments: