Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's Random Photo Tuesday, again. Already. Geeze...

Ok, so I forgot to bring in the promised embarrassing high school dance photo. But I do have a good snap to share.

This is a photo of my grandmother, Ethel Baby. She must have been in her mid twenties in this picture. It was taken at the Idaho Statesman, where she worked. And where my grandfather also worked. He was five years younger than she was - scandalous! He must have really caught her eye though, because she told me that she turned two other gentlemen down before she finally agreed to get married at the ripe old age of 28. On the back of the photo in her handwriting it says, "Statesman, legs." And for all my life whenever this photo has surfaced the members of my family all exclaim, "Nice Gams!" I think my grandfather made her a card or something that said that. I'll have to check with my mom. Anyway, here's to Ethel Baby and her fabulous gams. She's been gone two years this month, and boy do I miss her every single day.

2 comments:

Mendy said...

I heard the story this way - Ethel was walking by Ed's desk and he hit her on the behind with a rolled up newspaper, she totally chewed him out for it, the rest is history.

Clover said...

Ahh...love in the workplace pre Clarence Thomas. :)