Friday, September 07, 2007


A little fluff for Friday:

5 Things I Am Afraid Of:

Things I cannot put into writing because I am a mother and I just can't GO THERE
Lightening
Skiing anywhere other than the bunny hill
Wasps
Distance, resentment, dishonesty and regret seeping into my marriage


5 Fears I Have Conquered:

Driving
Skiing on the bunny hill
Being alone
Lighting the BBQ
Letting Sweet Pea do semi-dangerous-yet-age-appropriate things so that she'll learn for herself instead of everyone telling her to "BE CAREFUL" over every little thing


5 Things I Am Good At:

Being a mom
Entertaining
Being a friend
Karaoke (heh, admit it, you're jealous)
Telling stories


5 Things I Am Bad At:

Spelling
Doing hair
Biting my tongue (figuratively, not literally)
Being on time
Good penmanship


5 Things I Want To Get Better At:

Remembering birthdays and being thoughtful enough to send cards and/or gifts
Not getting my feelings hurt so easily
Being a morning person
Asking for help
Golf


5 Things I Will Never Be Able To Do and Therefore Covet The Ability To Do Said Things In Others:

Distance Running
Being the touchy feely huggy friend
Anything to do with fashion and spending money on nice things for myself
Singing really, really, well
Traveling all over the world to exotic and semi dangerous places


5 Things I Wouldn’t Give Up, Not For Anything:

Flexibility in my job
My relationship with my mom
Custody of my child(ren)
Some things I have that belonged to my grandparents like photos, jewelry, some wooden trains, and a few little knickknacks
Being a girly girl


5 Things I Would Be Lying If I Told You I Wouldn’t Sell My Soul To Possess:

Lakefront Property
A flat stomach
A gourmet kitchen
New flooring throughout my house
That really “put together” look and air that some women possess

2 comments:

Aunty M said...

I believe that you could in fact to all five things that you say you would never be able to do. Although, I have no idea why you would want to take up distance running. In the words of the interns, mom, why are those people just running around?

Clover said...

You have a point. Mr. G is all motivated to run a marathon. I'm just planning to run back and forth between the couch and the fridge a few thousand times.