Monday, October 01, 2007

I thought I should post something, just in case a) anyone reads this, and b) anyone reads this who pays enough attention to know that we are “in the window’ for the arrival of le bebe and might be wondering if that is what is keeping me from blogging.

He’s still living in mah belly. So I have no exciting news to share on that front. But having an incredible case of baby brain is, in fact, what has been keeping me from blogging. I can barely string words together to form intelligible thoughts. And that’s my excuse.

Sweet Pea is having major Halloween Costume Angst. She vacillates between wanting to be a Pumpkin and wanting to be Ariel the Mermaid daily. I didn’t start the conversation, because duh…who gets a three year old talking about that kind of thing any sooner than two days out? But now that we’re having it, I’m pushing for Pumpkin. The mermaid costumes I’ve seen are all $30 for a couple strips of shiny fabric intended to, what? Certainly not appropriately cover a three year old. Just for fun, let’s say her dad did give the thumbs up for her to go parading around in hooker clothes. Halloween is at the end of OCTOBER. She’d have frostbite in about 30 seconds. Doesn’t the costume industry make things for the bazillion trick or treaters who don’t live in the south? What about the poor kids in Minnesota who want to amass loot dressed as princesses and mermaids? They’re supposed to put a parka on over that costume they paid thirty bucks for?

Ok, a thought just occurred to me. Perhaps, if the Golightly family wasn’t a bunch of heathens, our plans for the 31st would involve a Harvest Party, inside, at a church. And then a scanty mermaid costume would be appropriate? Maybe? That’s all I can come up with to explain why anyone outside of Phoenix would buy one of the damn things.

Anyway, I should do some work. But nope, no baby yet. I’ll keep you posted.

~ Clover

1 comment:

Rachel & Family said...

I can't believe I missed this post..I was distracted by the pics.
I wish you much luck with this battle.
I purchased an adorable Minnie Mouse costume for Sawyer two years ago, and it still fit last year. Problem solved until she decided she wanted to be a princess. Well...I finally convinced her that it was a princess Minnie Mouse Costume.
It worked for me...but I still wish you the best of luck!
**I've included last year's pic for inspiration**