Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Every morning on my 3 block walk from my parking spot to my office, I construct a fairly whiny blog post about the gigantic farce that is the "you can have it all" philosophy of life. And then I get to work and don't have time to type it out. Ironic, no?

Who sold women that bill of goods anyway? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Much. I'm pretty happy, and I know how to count my blessings. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to prioritize the things I have to do and the things I want to do. And feeling crushing guilt about making the "choice" to work. (The choice not to work involves either moving into an entirely different zip code, or winning the lottery. I'm not that lucky.)

Le sigh. It makes me melencholy.

(Mr. G is right this second chirping in my ear about how cool it would be for me to blog about how he is blogging about watching me blog. Hmm. As it turns out, not that cool.)

Anyway. That's where I'm at. Shocker - the new mom is super busy and feeling a little overwhelmed. But I'm still deleriously happy and delighted by my life. Especially my beautiful children (Plural. Still weird.) and my amazing husband who makes the crushing guilt manageable by never commenting about my 11 a.m. arrival time at work. (And who, right this second is weighing the pros and cons of becoming either an alcoholic or a chain smoker. Gotta love a guy who knows how to deal with stress.)

It's all good. And as proof I offer up a few snapshots taken last weekend by my cousin Sarah. We were in Coeur d'Alene visiting my grandparents. That's a post in and of itself about living a full life. For another day.

The rest of the pictures are here.





~Clover

5 comments:

scarlett said...

Okay...I know exactly how you feel right now. I think I may have had this same conversation with myself sitting at my desk this am. AGGHHH! The boys may have to join each other to deal with their stress. That is if my workaholic husband (bless his heart) had time to do anything! Just a little stressed right now!

scarlett said...

Oh...cute pics, tell that baby to quit growing and cute hair!

Anonymous said...

It is an overwhelming time that we live in. I say everyday, life is a series of trade offs. The important thing is that you are, I'm guessing, having a whole lot of fun a good percentage of the time. Dream, have fun, guilt is a waste of time. I tell myself that everyday too, if only I would listen!!!!
love,
Aunty M.

Clover said...

There are definately fun parts. Mostly right now though, I feel like I'm doing everything half assed. You know? I can't figure out what the trade offs should be, so I'm not really happy with how I'm handling any of it. Work, home, kids, friends, ME. It all seems a little neglected.

Le sigh.

AngMomof3 said...

Hey there!
Reading your blog and understanding where you are coming from... I find it a bit ironic that we thought life could be so stressful at the good ol' GPB house! Can you believe we thought our lives were tough???
Stress redefined: life today w/ so darn much responsibilities!!!