Monday, June 16, 2008

This is the picture that Sweet Pea drew of her Daddy for the contest in our local paper. Thought you might like to see some of my little Picasso's masterpieces. Or maybe she's a little more Klee...



I'm adding to this post today so I can share the project I made Mr. G for Father's Day before it is two weeks past Father's Day...

It is a mini album, and you've already seen the cover. (Yesterday's post) I made it on a 6" X 6" clear album. Unfortunately, I used a decopage materaial for an adhesive/gloss. And it got tacky and the pages stuck together. Boo Hiss. So I will be remaking said album, and will have some photos to show of the actual finished product at that time.

These are the finished pages:









The inside front cover included some hand cut elements that I don't have a picture of. And the inside of the back cover is an envelope with "Daddy Bucks" good for things like sleeping in, backrubs, games of golf, etc. I had lots of ribbon and rick rack attached to those which looked very cool peeking through the clear plastic. And also some swirly rub on designs that were pretty cool.

Stupid adhesive! But I'll get'er fixed right up and post a picture. If anyone has any advice on what I should use to replace the decopauge, let me know. Diamond glaze?

~Clover

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddy looks like he is singing an aria.
Aunty M.
xxoo

Clover said...

He's very talented you know.

beege said...

You're so freaking creative.

I got M a bocce ball set for Father's Day.

I'm totally not going to let him look at your blog. ;)

Clover said...

Ooooh...don't sweat it. M got a Bocce ball set two years ago! :)

Slacker Mama said...

So, just let me know when I can send you all of my pictures so you can scrapbook them.

Your gift beats the hell out of the grill brush I got my husband.

scarlett said...

Okay so the lady at archiver's had glue...basically tacky glue that she said worked best...ask the experts. I was tempted to do a book but ran out of time. I do think I rank right up there with you though....U of I 3 game season tickets. Hey, I made the gift card for it on photoshop!

AngMomof3 said...

LOVE it! You did a great job. Each page is so very different! I'm impressed.

Clover said...

OMG, I would love for people to send me their pictures to scrapbook. Can you get paid for that? Hmmmm....