Tuesday, July 15, 2008

For Random Photo Tuesday I am posting yet another picture of my adorable children. (You know you love it.) I'm actually going to print these really big and frame them in their University of Idaho themed room at the cabin. So hopefully these files won't be so huge that it takes 10 minutes for my blog to load...

I tried a technique I read about on the HP Graphic Arts Portal to give these photos kind of a grunge effect. Basically I just totally distored the light and shadows and then added some monochrome noise. I kind of "inked" the edges last night too, but didn't like how it looked so I took it off the picture of Will. Might try again, might take it off both photos...if anyone has an opinion on that let me know.

Go Vandals!





~Clover

4 comments:

Sara Joy said...

Those pictures are So Cute!! I just got back from an exhausting business trip and needed a dose of Precious into my morning.

Thank you!!

AngMomof3 said...

Like the photo effects, but I think I agree on the inked edges... a little to symmetrical or perfect for inked edges on a grungy photo.

Love the idea of a UI theme room! Fun. We'd have to split a crimson/grey and silver/gold room at our house...

Slacker Mama said...

Very cute photos. I think they kind of stand alone without any effects (but that could just be because I'm jealous I don't know how to do that sort of thing).

Clover said...

Yes, I decided I hated the inked edges. I tried a couple of "grunge" overlays. Still no...I'm such a hater! I took them off. Actually, I totally re-did the picture of Will with another photo. Anyway, they are now printed 11" X 14" and hanging on the wall in the kids' bedroom in McCall. Yea!