Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This is my couch. I bought it in February of 2007. I got it at a wholesale furniture place for aproximately 60% off retail. But I still paid $1100 for it. So, I assumed, it was a good couch.



Please note the SHREDDED upholstery on my 18 month old couch. Hmmmmm. Problematic. Esp. when you consider that we don't own a cat, and we don't typically use a switchblade on our sectional.

Now please read the email that I got from the manufacturer of my crappy couch, and my response to said email. (The gal from the wholesale store where I bought le couch was the one initiating the emails, so she is the "Sam" mentioned in both):

~~~~~~
Sam,

I've received the forwarded email and pictures of the sectional. Unfortunately, our warranty on the cover, whether it be fabric or leather, is 1 year from the date of purchase. It would be difficult at this point to tell whether the tears are the result of a weakness, or of heavy use by the consumer. Your customer may want to consult an upholsterer.


Natalie Radtke
Customer Service/Key Accounts
Emerald Home Furnishings
253-883-3156

www.emeraldhome.com

~~~~~

Sam-

Thank you very much trying to help us get our couch repaired. We are, to say the least, extremely disappointed in the response from Emerald Home Furnishings. I am completely at a loss as to what kind of “heavy use” by us would have resulted in that small section of upholstery shredding like it has. (Since I sent you the photos there is yet another hole.) But clearly, Ms. Radtke isn’t really interested in the cause of the problem. Only that the warranty has expired and that this defective couch is now our problem.

As business owners we understand that even quality products can occasionally have unexpected problems. The companies that rise to the top are those who provide excellent customer service when their product fails.

It’s an expensive lesson to learn, but now we know not to do business with Emerald Home Furnishings.

Thank you again for your help.


~~~~~~~~

Me. Pissed.


"Your customer may want to consult an upholsterer."

Uhhhh...YA THINK? Wow. THANK YOU. I NEVER WOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT OUT ON MY OWN. I AM SO GLAD THAT I CONTACTED YOU ABOUT THIS CRAPPY COUCH SO THAT YOU COULD POINT OUT THE EFFING OBVIOUS TO ME. I AM TOO BUSY SHARPENING MY CLAWS ON MY SECTIONAL TO THINK OF BIG IMPORTANT IDEAS LIKE THAT ONE.

Rar.

Please do me a favor and never buy anything from Emerald Home Furnishings. Thank you.

~Clover

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my hobbies is looking at craigslist used furniture and I see a lot of microfiber on there for sale. It has given me pause. This really sucks the big tomato. Slipcovers can be cute????
Aunty M

Clover said...

It's such a catch 22. On the one hand, microfiber is really easy to clean. On the other hand...Well. I'll spare you the vulgar tirade.

I wonder if I can find a slipcover for a sectional...

AngMomof3 said...

Hmmm... good for you. WOM. It's powerful stuff.

We have a "Model Home Furninshings" here where we all shop for great prices on seemingly good furniture... I'll keep my eye out for holes in my couch now too... and start looking in the yellow pages for an upholsterer...

neilina said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

ModernFurnitureWarehouse.com is a one-stop shop when it comes to living room sets. You can find any furniture ranging from classic to contemporary designs from all over the world. If you are looking for sectional sofas, loveseats and sleeper sofas, they are all here.


Neilina

wholesale furniture