Monday, December 29, 2008

I know I shouldn’t complain. After all, it’s been 2 years and 2+ months since I wrote this. But three nights ago the inevitable happened. Parental nighmare, realized.

Fortunately, 1) Sweet Pea is not very quiet when she’s bumping down the hallway in the dark. And 2) we haven’t lost the ability to move quickly and assume a “Wha? Nothing’s going on here” air. Ok. Well. Maybe it was just dark and she was sleepy. Whatever the reason, we have avoided having to fabricate any awkward tales of mommy and daddy wrestling in the night. Thank GOD. Because she was sure to start asking 84,000 questions about that in the grocery store, or in line for the bank. Or worse, in front of my mother. (Although, I suppose that doesn’t matter now since she is probably reading this and wishing for a Men In Black-esque brain wipe. Sorry Mom.)

I tried for 45 minutes to get Sweet Pea back into her own bed. But she wasn’t having any of it. I told her she had to sleep in her room because she would get too hot in our room. So she changed into shorts and a tank top and appeared in the doorway. I told her daddy was sick, so she kicked daddy out of his bed and made him sleep in her room. I told her she wouldn’t get a button in her “big girl who sleeps all night in her own bed” button jar. She told me she didn’t give a flying rip about that and then she fell soundly and peacefully asleep on my pillow.

Le sigh. Will may have to sleep in his crib until high school.

1 comment:

AngMomof3 said...

THAT'S funny. I was sure you'd tell us she caught "Santa" setting up her toys.

Get a lock on your bedroom door, sister. :)