Monday, February 02, 2009

So, I found this the other day at the thrift store and had to have it.


I put a new bow on it, and it was good.



Which began this weird obsessive need to make a Valentines Day-esque centerpiece out of it. Only, I had no plan. No vision...And then, it came to me in the night. (No, not in a dream. Literally in the middle of the night. I have really got to quit the Dr. Pepper.) I wanted a bowl full of cherries.

I went to the craft store absolutely determined to figure out how to get bright red cherries. Here's what I came home with.



I made stems out of green copper wire. They were cute. I was onto something.



Then things fell apart a little. Did you know styrofoam will melt under the heat of an embossing gun? Well, now you know. I'm not sure why it took me so long to come around to the decopauge. I LOVE the decopauge. And sure enough, red tissue paper and a little of the goopy stuff did the trick. Maybe Real Simple should know about this alternative use for your colander?



Half the cherries have red sparkly embossing powder on them. The other half are just glossy red. I think they are SO cute. Even Mr. G seemed impressed. Although he's pretty good at faking it. But I love them.



Happy February!

1 comment:

Jeanne Pellerin said...

OMG! That is so adorable!! I couldn't figure out where you were going with the white balls for a minute . . . that is precious!