Friday, March 12, 2010

I am uncharacteristically without words.

My grandmother passed away this morning. My grandfather will be joining her in a matter of days, if not hours. Of course I am very sad. But not so overcome that I can’t put words to paper. I just…I don’t even really know. It’s all sounding very trite and dramatic to me.

So I am going to wait until I have spent some time with my family next week. And then I will come back here and tell you about two amazing people. Two amazing lives. And the way that their love and support shaped me in so many ways. I guess that part is dramatic.

I just didn’t want today to go by without acknowledging that Grannie has reached the peaceful end of what became a long and sometimes difficult journey.

Heaven got a whole lot better today. I am smiling thinking about the welcoming committee that must have formed at the pearly gates. I wonder how St. Peter does with crowd control?

I love you Gran!

Margaret Gridley Giesa
May 1918 – March 2010




This picture was taken with Grannie's "surfing" partner on Lake Coeur d'Alene in Northern Idaho. She was about 17 years old. They won a trophy that day. This sign hangs in our mountain/lake house.

5 comments:

Lindley Family said...

So sorry to hear that! :( Please let me know if you need anything.

Clover said...

Thanks Lisa. We're fine, really. Starting the process of making our way up north.

AngMomof3 said...

I'm so sorry fo you... thinking of your family. Been there, done that.

And I LOVE that photo. Such a great glimpse into your grandma's life! Fabulous.

jmac said...

sorry rio......so so sorry.
((hugs))......

Sara Joy said...

I'm so sorry K. I know just how you feel- it was a month yesterday for us since my Grandma passed. Sending you love, strength, and all that stuff. I hope your time with family is blessed.