Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I have a few pictures to share of the trip we made to North Idaho for my Grandparents' funeral. Admittedly, these are not spectacular pictures. I am so bad about taking the camera and then not really using it. I hear tell that between my Aunt Donna and my Uncle Pat there were more than 3,000 snaps of the weekend...

But this is what I've got, and for various reasons I think they are pretty sweet.

On the way to Coeur d'Alene we spent the night at my In-Law's house. This is the swing in their front yard. Sweet William is F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. big enough to swing in the tree swing without getting bucked off. What a rite of passage! So is a spring picture in the swing.



Again, I love it when they love each other.



These next 3 pictures were taken at the very lovely reception we had for family and friends after the FUNeral. I say FUNeral, because every single one of my Grandparents' children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren were packed into three pews of St. Thomas Aquinas Church. It was not at all quiet or reverent, and Grannie would have loved every kid outburst. Esp. the part where baby K ripped a huge burp, and when Sweet Will shouted out, "WHEN DO I GET A DOUGHNUT??"

This picture is of almost all the Great-Grandkids. We are missing two little boys who had significantly better things to do than SIT STILL.



Sweet Pea and Baby K.



Baby K and her mom, my cousin Elli. Elli is a beautiful and very cool chica! I love this picture because you can see the family resemblence in Elli.



After the reception we went up to my Aunt and Uncle's room and broke open a special bottle of something strong to toast two incredible people and the legacy they created. This is, of course, a terrible picture of me and my cousin-who-is-like-a-sister, Sarah. But I think it's kinda fitting that it's blurry...



A beautiful view of Lake Coeur d'Alene and Tubbs Hill. My grandparents loved their hometown, and I have so many awesome memories of being here with them.



Of course there was a lot more to the weekend. It was a truly wonderful thing to have my whole (Giesa) family together, even under the circumstances.

I am so blessed to have lived my life. I hope my kids understand how much love grows on their family tree.

~Clover

No comments: