Monday, August 23, 2010

Tomorrow is our last day of summer vacation here at Casa Del Clover. And I'm not gonna lie to you...I am a leetle bit freaked out. This is FIRST GRADE people! My little buddy is going to be gone ALL DAY. She will be eating cafeteria food. There will be an expectation that she can sit at a desk for long periods of time. Without randomly falling out of her chair.

(For years I heard my mother in law tell a story about getting called down to the elementary school for a meeting with the principal because the wee Mr. G just could not help falling out of his seat. And the mental image I had was of him sort of just randomly flopping to the floor like a fish out of water. Which always made me giggle uncontrolably until I saw Sweet Pea do that exact thing one day at kindergarten...)

She doesn't seem to be grasping the gravity of the situation. Which I suppose is all well and good. But. You know. Maybe she could throw her mom a bone and act like she might miss me. Just a tiny bit?

I keep hearing from the other moms that her teacher is kind of a meanie. (Ugh.) So maybe after a week or two I won't be so tongue in cheek about that. Fingers crossed that's not the case...

And time marches on.

~Clover

1 comment:

Clover said...

I feel like I should address the teacher thing. Now that we are 2 months into this first grade gig, I can honestly say that I don't know what those other moms were talking about. I adore Sweet Pea's teacher. I think she is amazing and sweet. No complaints. None at all.