Friday, September 17, 2010

We had the honor of hosting a party in our backyard this week for the current Governor of Idaho, CL "Butch" Otter. Y'all know how I just loooove to throw a party. And giant holes in my ceiling be damned...we did this one up right.

I don't care who you are or how you vote, the fact that I live in a place where the Governor will come hang out in your backyard and talk to your friends is a pretty cool thing. Our government here is so accessible to the people it serves. It was a fun night with an interesting and thought provoking crowd. The food was absolutely outstanding, thanks to a couple of my foodie friends - Edward and Tim. And our house was looking pretty good. (That's how I get stuff done around here, doncha know. "Hey honey, lets have a party and invite all your friends and clients...")

Anyone wishing to live vicariously should take note of this absolutely outstanding menu…

Lentil Soup Shooters with Crème Freche
Crudites and Dip
Artisan Cheese Board
Curried Potato Wedges with Mango Chutney Dipping Sauce
Beef with Horseradish Crème
Kubota Pork Bites
Idaho Salmon with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

And of course for dessert…Lemon Chiffon Cupcakes

Uh. Yeah. It was awesome. All of the beef, pork, and fish, as well as the potatoes and lentils were Idaho products. The meats were donated to us from Snake River Farms, an Idaho company with exceptional products. I’m not even kidding, that stuff melts in your mouth. You can order online too…Yummy. And the beer was compliments of our friends at Stein Distributing. (Thank you!)

We had a great time! Can’t wait to do it again.


The Hosts with the Mosts

Me and Mr. G


Our friends and partners in partying, Eddie and Traci.


This boy can cook!




Color coordinated candy and slightly melty lemon chiffon cupcakes


Mr. G giving the intro and welcome.


My nephew Zach had the option of leaving and going with all the other kids to play, or staying to hear the grownups talk shop. He stayed, and he was mesmerized!


Governor Otter talks with his constituents...IN MY BACKYARD. Still cool.






One more reason I love Idaho.

~Clover

3 comments:

Tales from the Crib said...

Shut the front door!! That is so cool!! The only Governor I've ever wanted to have BBQ with was Ann Richards. Ha! That's really cool lady. Congrats on a successful par-tay!

jmac said...

Never hurts to have friends in high places......EAT IN YOUR BACKYARD!!! vera vera cool!!

scarlett said...

very fun party. I am really wondering why we have not crossed paths with Edward. That man can cook! I stole some of your pics. Can't believe I didn't bring my camera. Maybe it was the fight with gigi over the goodwill outfit!