Sunday, November 07, 2010



I’ll admit it. I’ve got a new obsession. Ok…Maybe new isn’t the right word. Maybe annual is better. It’s pumpkin. Pumpkin seeds, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin spice steamers, pumpkin candles, and pumpkins all over the house. I’m addicted. So the fact that I am getting little pumpkin muffin crumbs all over my keyboard right now shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

These muffins are so good. SO. Good.

Lucky you. I’m sharing the recipe.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use muffin cups.

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 ½ cups canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons sour cream
½ cup water
3 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Mix sugar oil and eggs
Add pumpkin, sour cream and water, mix well
In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder spices and salt
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix. Stir in chocolate chips

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.

This is supposed to yield 24 muffins, but we got 19 big ones.

~Clover

(Forgive the weird photo. My camera is still on vacation in Mr. G's office. My Blackberry isn't exactly professional quality.)

1 comment:

wiwwa said...

I love pumpkin this time of year! Those muffins sound super yum!