Thursday, November 04, 2010

NO MORE POLITICAL ADS!!! WOOHOOOO!!! It’s over! It’s done…for now. But hey, lets live in the moment. For right now, it’s over. I honestly think that if I watched another crappy commercial accusing someone of stabbing babies my head would flat out explode. And the amount of glossy cardstock that was going straight from mailbox to my recycling bin was obscene. A forest worth of unread postcards. It’s sad really.

I’m mostly Ok with the results of the election here in Hideyhoo. Quite frankly, I don’t have the energy to go into all the gory details. But in most cases I think the right guy or gal won. There’s a state legislative race that I think is still undecided, and I’m still hoping for my candidate to win that one. But the rest…I don’t know. I guess I’m a little apathetic about it all. Either the old regeime gets a second chance or a new batch of idiots gets to screw things up for a change.

Whatever. No more politicking for a while. Wheeeee!

I did learn that we need to have a little civics lesson at our house though. Sweet Pea has somehow mixed up democracy and horse racing. She came home from the mock election in her classroom just pleased as punch that she’d picked the winner.

It’s only first grade. I’ll deal with that later.

~Clover

No comments: