Wednesday, December 01, 2010

It's a snow day!! It's a snow day!! It's a snow day!!

We have had the weirdest weather lately. Although, if I think about it, it's only weird because of how retro-normal it is.

First October was really warm and sunny. And then the second half of November was cold, cold, cold and snowy. We're kicking off December with almost a foot of snow on the ground. Remnicient of my childhood. But unusual for the last few years.

Poor Mr. G had to go buy a new snow shovel this morning because our wimpy one couldn't handle the driveway. And after an hour of hard labor out there, you can hardly tell he shoveled.

The kids and I have big plans to get the house ready for full blown Christmas decorating to commence. (Sorry honey. We are ignoring the "no Christmas until after your birthday" rule this year.) And we might bake cookies.

I'm also thinking about starting on my birthday treat for Mr. G's birthday dinner on Saturday. (If you're going to be in McCall, come on over!) I'm making red velvet cake balls a la Bakerella. Should be yummy.

Remembering to enjoy the unexpected today...

~Clover

No comments: